Have you ever thought about or wondered what it would take to start a podcast?
If so, now is a great time to start. And even if you’ve never thought about starting a podcast, now might be a great time to consider the idea.
There’s such an amazing opportunity to inspire and help others adapt to this ever-changing world, and to increase and amplify your impact through starting a podcast podcasting.
And that’s exactly what we’re talking about in episode 12 of The Optimized Life Podcast.
Join us to learn all about how to start your podcast and why now is an incredible time to begin!
Episode 12: How to Start a Podcast in 5 Simple Steps
Listen to the show:
Episode 12: Amplifying Your Message & Impact Through Podcasting
(1:31) Finding your voice
(5:50) Your life experience matters, use your life experience to make an impact
(6:55) Podcast statistics
(13:22) Have fun with the process, flow with the details
(17:01) How we got started with The Optimized Life Podcast
(20:31) How to make your podcast real
Anchor – free hosting and distribution platform
Canva – make your podcast cover and episode images
Filmora – video/audio editing
———Download The Optimized Life Toolkit———
Our TOP 5 HACKS that will FINALLY Get You “IN THE ZONE” All Day everyday: https://www.jessjanda.com/theoptimizedlife
———Where to Find Amy & Jess———
🙋 Amy Guerrero: http://www.amyguerrero.com
🙋 Jess Janda: http://www.jessjanda.com
———Connect With Amy & Jess———
✨ Join The Optimized Life Podcast Community:
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/theoptimizedlife/message
STARTING A PODCAST AND FINDING YOUR VOICE (2:26)
Have you found your voice? Do you feel confident speaking your truth?
Whatever the answer is, that’s okay.
When we first started sharing our stories, there was a lot of fear, but we just practiced and practiced.
And you can practice through many different mediums, but podcasting is a powerful way to be able to speak up, share your stories and your message, and impact so many lives.
WHY STARTING A PODCAST IS A POWERFUL WAY TO AMPLIFY YOUR VOICE AND IMPACT (6:51)
According to the 2020 Infinite Dial Study, in 2020, for the first time, more than 100 million Americans listen to at least one podcast each month.
The study shows that the audience for podcasts is rapidly growing, meaning that now is a great time to start a podcast.
And not only are more people listening to podcasts, but they’re also spending more time listening to podcasts. According to this study, on average, podcast fans listen to 6 podcasts each week and the average amount of time spent listening to podcasts is over 6 hours a week!
How to start a podcast in 5 simple steps (20:28)
If you’re ready to start a podcast, here are a few steps to help you begin:
1. Pick a title and theme for your podcast. The more niched down the better.
2. Choose a podcast hosting and distribution platform. We chose Anchor which allows you to create, distribute, host, and monetize your podcast, 100% free.
3. Plan out your first 10 episodes in advance. This way you have an idea of topics and flow before you even begin recording your podcast.
4. Record your first episode, along with separate audio files for your intro and outro. You can record directly in distribution platform or you can always record in zoom.
The intro usually consists of music and a short podcast introduction.
- Our intro: upbeat music followed by “Hi ya’ll I’m Amy and I’m Jess. We are 2 sober women committed to helping you live an optimized life. This show is about stories and strategies to help you optimize your your health, your life and your business. We focus on keeping it simple and having fun.”
The outro consists of laying out how the listener can come closer to work with you and the best way for them to support the podcast if they got value out of it.
- Our outro: “The best way to support The Optimized Life Podcast is by subscribing and leaving us a 5 star review and if you haven’t already picked up your copy of The Optimized Life Toolkit head over to https://www.jessjanda.com/theoptimizedlife. In it you will find our Top 5 Hacks That Will Finally Get You in the Zone All Day Everyday. Stay optimized ya’ll.
5. Edit the audio of your podcast. We use Wondershare for editing.
Remember that building an audience and monetizing your podcast takes time.
Commit to sharing your message and making an impact.
Keep showing up and make the decision that you’re not going to change course until you’ve recorded at least 100 episodes.
The Optimized Life Toolkit
With every episode of The Optimized Life Podcast, we like to empower you with a POWERFUL FREE resource that you can download and incorporate into your life right away.
This week we’ve put together a resource called THE OPTIMIZED LIFE TOOLKIT!
In it, we outline exactly how to zap brain fog and fatigue, optimize sleep quality, balance stress response and get your brain and body firing on all cylinders again so you can show up fully as the CHANGE MAKER you were put on this earth to be.
Click the button below to download it!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
As Tony Robbins says … our beliefs are like unquestioned commands telling us what’s possible and what we can and cannot do. They shape every